Sunday, August 30, 2009

Ohio Trip: Around the Clock Bridal Shower

I was really excited to be back in my hometown and get ready for Amy's bridal shower and bachelorette party. As co-matron of honor (doesn't that sound funny?!) I was really anxious to finally be in Ohio to work on everything. Luckily, Millie P. helped out with flower center pieces and making her famous egg rolls. Then we prepared most of the food Friday afternoon. After making food with Millie P, I headed over to the in-laws. My mother-in-law was super helpful and baked her fabulous sugar cookies for the parties. We spent most of the evening decorating the cookies for the bridal shower and bachelorette party. Of course, for dinner my lovely in-laws ordered some Cassano's pizza. (YUM!)

Enjoy the pics below...

The theme of the bridal shower was "Around the Clock". We made these cookies to incorporate the theme more. We set all the hands to 3:30 because that is when Amy and Steve is set to tie the knot!


These are lingerie cookies that Lois and I made for the bachelorette party. :)

The cookies were a big hit at the party! :)


Food: OH MY GOODNESS! There was so much yummy food. It was absolutely ridiculous! Of course, for all your weight watcher people out there, it was all 0 points because bridal showers and bachelorette parties fall under the 0 point category. Therefore, I ate a lot. :) We had chicken salad, two different types of pasta salad (one sweet with poppy seed dressing, one greek style), Millie P's egg rolls, fruit/ham kabobs, Lois's sugar cookies and stuffed strawberries, and of course cake!


Center pieces: Flowers were from our local flower shop...Didn't Millie P do a good job of picking them out?! I found the clocks at Goodwills around Portland. Tracking down all the clocks that went with the room was a little challenging, but I did it! Tom love the idea that I actually wanted to go to Goodwills to find things, and we did a lot of the clock searching together. Also, I made the table tents that labeled the different times the guests were assigned to bring Amy.


Next post, Amy's bachelorette party...

No comments:

Post a Comment